Today the President released his 2014 budget proposal, which includes important investments in our nation’s infants and toddlers including:
• $1.4 billion to expand Early Head Start and create Early Head Start/Child Care partnerships;
• $500 million in increased mandatory funding through the Child Care and Development Fund, which would serve an additional 100,000 children;
• $200 million for discretionary grants through the Child Care and Development Block Grant for quality improvement;
• $11 billion over the next 10 years in new funds from a proposed increase in the tobacco tax to invest in extending and expanding home visiting programs;
• $20 million to expand Part C early intervention services; and
• $300 million increase to Promise Neighborhoods funding.
The For Our Babies campaign applauds the President’s commitment to the earliest years of a child’s life as demonstrated in his recent budget proposal.
For more information about this historic proposal, read ZERO TO THREE’s official press statement.
Read the President’s Budget for Fiscal Year 2014 here.